sharing your home?
Home-sharing insurance is designed for people who rent their homes on a short-term basis through a home rental network such as Airbnb, Flipkey, or HomeAway, it covers:
- liability arising out of the short-term rental
- loss or damage to buildings and personal property
- intentional acts, criminal acts, or failure to act by a guest
- loss or damage to a guest’s property up to $1,500
- fair rental value (loss of rental income)
Coverage options available:
- Rent your entire home for up to 90 days.
- Rent your entire home for up to 180 days.
- Rent a portion of your home (eg a room, basement) to multiple short-term guests year round.
- Rent your income property to short-term guests year-round. This coverage is also available as a stand-alone policy.
*Not intended for long-term rentals to one individual or annual lease holders